Captain's Log

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Brain Hurricaning

Angela and I have been brainstorming about what caper to pull off to get the attention of Comfort Bay. I want to blow Acantha's hotel-napping out of the news. Not to mention causing endless speculation and terror.

So far we have ruled out the following-

Kidnapping anybody of note- Ransoms and kidnappings mean you have to be somewhere to collect some money. Which means you are a sitting target at the pay off point for whatever hero is looking to make a name for themselves.

Taking out a Hero- This does terrify the city, but it also pisses off the other heroes and the last thing I want is some dead hero's best friend looking to make me a casualty in their personal revenge saga.

Robbing a bank -Too passe to even make the news.

Kill a bunch of folks- Tempting but again, it tends to inspire heroes to kick your butt even harder than they normally try. and although i don't mind killing people, it really doesn't fit my idiom of a pirate. Maybe if there was a way to make money from it.

Destroying a landmark- Now this I can get behind. I do enjoy needless destruction but you know, if there isn't a point or a way to make money from it, then it comes across as a need for attention. Which granted, it would be.

Take over the city- if I actually had a plan for this, it would have been implemented months ago.

Steal a fabulous treasure- Again, I like this idea but does it strike fear? Does it generate endless news specials? I might become incredibly rich but it's not exactly attention grabbing.

Sigh, I got to think of something.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Folkertje said…

    Museums? Art can be worth quite a lot and they're usually protected by high-tech security, which is always fun to blast out of the way...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home