Captain's Log

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Villain Envy

I had a lazy weekend playing videogames and eating delivery food. Now, being a super villain I never feel guilty for having a lazy four day weekend. I risk my life and freedom in capers and get shot at a lot. If I want to crap out and play marathon video game sessions, that's my business. If you don't like it, I got a crew of Bots ready to handle any complaints.

Having said that, it was a bit depressing to turn on the news Monday morning and find out the city of Comfort Bay was terrorized in the grip of a super villain all weekend. Worse, it was a villain I had meet before. That goth bimbo Acantha pulled off one of the most audacious kidnappings this city has ever known and I was sitting at home trying to break my high score on Sid Meiers' Pirates. Sigh.

I don't need to recount what Acantha did, every blasted news station is replaying it every ten minutes. Look, so she shrouded an entire hotel in darkness and unleashed a legion of demons, big deal. So the mayor's son was in there as well as a few of the more useless but pretty heirs to several incredibly rich people. And yeah, it was cool to see a giant floating skull above the city, but a big skull doesn't look right without some crossbones under it.

I should comfort myself with the knowledge that the city's heroes descended on Acantha and kicked her corset wearing butt. The footage of Frost Sting freezing demons, Upgrade grabbing innocent people as they are thrown from the hotel and that awesome shot of Choice karate kicking right through some demon's skull was pretty cool to see. I only wish the news copters could get footage of the inevitable butt whooping they gave Acantha inside the hotel. They captured her, but apparently she escaped from the prison transport she was in. Ha! I never get caught.

Still, it's annoying how much coverage Acantha did get from all this. Janet Baker did a report on Acantha's claims that her mother was a succubus. Another station did an hour long special on Acantha's crimes to date. The freaking Discovery channel did a study on where demons come from and over on Bravo, they had fashion experts predicting how Acantha's corset, skull jewelry and Elvira-inspired black hair might set new trends.

This city needs a lesson on who the more dangerous villain is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home