Captain's Log

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Alias Found

I've been teaching Angela the finer points of being a member of my crew. This morning I gave her shooting lessons with a laser pistol and rifle. After lunch I taught her some of the simpler techniques for keeping the Bots maintained as well as showing her how to rebuild BosunBot. She's a fast learner but her mind isn't into it. She's far more concerned with coming up with her villain name.

"How about LookOut Girl?" she would ask.

"No," I would grunt and then try to show her where to plug in the laser arm.

"What about a sexy name like, Dread Pirate Sabrina?"

I glared at her. "No, because in the middle of combat I don't want to have to yell, Hey Dread Pirate Sabrina, shoot that guard!'"

"How about Crossbones? That sounds evil."

"No."

"Jolly Regina?"

"No."

"Patches?"

I stopped working on BosunBot and looked at her. "Patches? Are you a villain or a pet cat? Look, quit thinking about your name. You're not a super villain, you're a member of my crew. Once we figure out what you are good for, you'll have a name. Like HelmsBot, he drives the van, he's the helmsman. See how easy that is?

Angela frowned. "You already got the key positions covered. You got a First mate, and a Helmsman and-"

"You know what, I'm tired of the whining. why don't you go do to the corner store and restock our soda and potato chips. It'll give me the peace and quiet to rebuild my crew."

Angela stood up and reached for the petty cash chest. "Do they got a name for the person who does all the shopping?"

"Quartermaster," I said. I respond to pirate lore questions pretty much on automatic.

"Really? she said. "I love it! I can be the Quarter Mistress! I'll be in charge of buying the food, the gas, the clothes and everything else we need. This is going to be awesome! Quarter Mistress!"

I've never seen someone so happy to be assigned to do all the shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home