Captain's Log

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

That Annoying Breathing Issue

This morning I watched Comfort Bay's Janet Baker interview a spokesman for Perpetual Laboratories. The company said they are getting close to perfecting a personal force field. Dynamic had solved that pesky breathing problem that had stopped most force fields from functioning. See, most force fields will stop bullets, lasers, sunlight and sadly, air, making it really hard to breathe. Sure you’re protected, but you can’t see anything and you’ll die of suffocation.

That nosy reporter Janet actually got to wear the prototype. The device was the size of a wrist watch. It gave her a slight red shimmer but apparently didn’t block her vision. The spokesman tossed a baseball at her, which bounced off. He asked her to toss something to her, and to my jaw dropping surprise; her lipstick flew right through her field. Blackbeard’s Cutlass! Not only have they solved the breathing problem, but they also factored in one way defense. It’s a super villain’s dream armor!

The spokesman and Janet talked about how the force field would be great for firemen, police officers and the military but for now, the high cost and rare materials means it will most likely be only available to heads of states, CEO’s and most likely Oprah. He cautioned that the field had a few bugs in it, but they wanted to go ahead and announce their progress. Janet was smart enough to ask if they were doing this to drive up their stock prices. The spokesman declined to answer.

I could give a dead shark about why they were doing it. A personal force field that allows you to attack out of it? Such a device has to be mine! They might not have the bugs worked out, but I’m sure if I got a hold of it, I can reverse engineer the force field and install it. With a force field, I can avoid any more serious injuries. I cn go toe to toe with someone like the Choice without a kick to the back of the head. I can wear skimpier costumes to impress my enemies. Finally, a theft worthy of my powers!

I’m going to be busy for the next couple of days. I got to case Perpetual Laboratories, I have to come up with a plan and install some new programs in the crew. Heck, I might even skip ‘Cowboy Night’ at the Beef Buffet tonight. This is serious super villain work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home