Captain's Log

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Jitters

I've got a big crime planned this weekend. Oh yes. It's daring, it's bold, it will net me a ton of loot and more importantly, it's going to be really cool. This weekend, I really put the hurting on Comfort Bay.

I'm scared poopless.

I'm not scared because the crime is so big. I'm scared because I am 100% confident in this plan. It is foolproof. It can not fail. Which is the same thing I used to hear from Diva Pain and Professor Malice right before a crime got the crap blown out from under it. Somehow those heroes always knew. ALWAYS! We could have a plan that was only known to five people and a mutated donkey and those Heroes would come flying in messing up everything.

That sort of thing messes with your head. I mean, it's just me and the Bots but I can't help feeling that the heroes will know somehow. Are they psychic? Is there a big hero helpline that we villains don't know about? Sometimes I just think the universe hates villains. Professor Malice should have taken over the universe by now, but no, henchmen betray him, heroes will stumble on a coded transmission or the cursed specially trained ape commando will have a change of heart and let the captured Heroes go. Cripes, it really must be fate.

There could be another reason. Jaser told me once that there was a Lady In White, some mystic type that shows up, snitches to the Heroes and dissappears. She never fights her own battles, but she's the downfall of hundreds of villains. I thought it was just a bogeyman story villains tell each other but one drunken night, Warstrike told me the same story.

I think I'll go over the plan one more time and work out a Heroes-Know-Everything plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home