Captain's Log

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Ransom Notes and Secure Hackers

Getting a hold of a villain you are trying blackmail is not terribly easy. Luckily, Johnny had the guy's e-mail address, which means in this Internet age, everything really is easier. I got a hold of my favorite computer expert, with the terribly creative name of Hack.

"Hack, I need a favor," I told her on the phone. You would think a computer hacker would prefer using instant messenger or something but she says that most of those programs have spyware even she can't defeat.

"Is this a paying favor?" Hack asked.

"Five percent sound good?" I asked.

"Sure, though I should know the job first, right?"

"I have in my hands a diamond that has all the blueprints of a super villain's gear. I'm selling it back to him for an outrageous sum of money. He's going to be mad, angry and paying through the nose. He also has an army of animals he's experimented on. It might get dangerous but no cash is every easy to get. If I gave you his e-mail address, can you make it untraceable?

"Do you want the ransom note to have animated gifs? No extra charge."

That's why she is my favorite computer expert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home