Captain's Log

Monday, November 14, 2005

Ahoy!

This be my first log for my new career as a super villain pirate captain. In the days of old, pirate captains would keep their logs on paper or the flayed skins of misbehaving cabin boys. But since I am a modern day high tech pirate captain with an crew of robot sailors to do my bidding, I think we can do things a mite bit more updated.

Let's introduce ourselves shall we? I'm Scarlett Drake, and yes that is sadly my real name. My parents were Drakes and they were both piratephiles. My dear father used to buy cutlasses and rapiers while my mother was more into the knots and the ropework. they both wanted a son so they could call him Francis but they got me instead. The named me Scarlett after Gone with the Wind as they had visions of me running the Brett Butlers of my life through with a long shank of metal. They both had a drama streak that I have inherited.

So my childhood was pretty good for someone who's embarked on a life of crime. I helped my parents shoplift and we would bury our loot in the back yard till Christmas. Every night Dad would read a classic like 'Treasure Island' to me. Mom helped me tie up my first boyfriend. Instead of ballet I took lots and lots of swimming classes and instead of a dog my first pet was a parrot named Hook.

That's why it broke my parents' hearts when I decided at 18 that I wasn't going to become a sailor, join a ship's crew just to overthrow the captain at a critical moment and begin a life of piracy. It wasn't that I object to the plan morally, I just thought it was a stupid plan. it was 1991 and the first Gulf War was in full swing. I wanted to stay at home and do things a bit smarter. No boats that were going to get hit with the lastest in missile technology, no annoying crew that doesn't take a woman captain seriously and best of all, no water to mess up the not quite waterproof cybernetic implants I was working on.

My cunning plan was simple and yet offensive to my traditional piratephile family. I was going to have a crew made up of cold loyal deadly robots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home